Beckham - Two Months


Beckham Alexander is two months old today! Crazy how fast time flies!

Measurements: Beckham goes for his two month appointment on Friday so (for myself) I will come back here to add his sizes then. I didn't get to the breastfeeding support group this week but last week he weighed 11 and a half pounds! I haven't measured his length since his one month appointment so I'm excited to see how much more he has grown!

He is wearing size 2 diapers and 0-3 months clothing. I will be a little surprised if he can wear 0-3 month clothes until he's 3 months! Many of his onesies are fitting a little more snug than you would think! 

Milestones:  This week Beckham has definitely shown signs of developing a regular schedule as opposed to sleeping all day! He is not only more awake, but more alert to what is happening and looking around. He is also now smiling intentionally :) I can't wait for that first laugh! 

His neck muscles are getting pretty strong. I can hold him up and not feel like I have to completely support his head. He is also loving his hands! He gobbles those things up all day!

Schedule:  I am glad that he is starting to develop somewhat of a schedule so I can plan/predict our days. I think it will be helpful to Parker as well because I can lay Beckham down for a nap and devote some time to playing or spending time with P man. 

Beckham wakes about 7 to 7:30. Sometimes he needs to eat right away, sometimes not for a bit. He hangs out with Parker and I in the kitchen in his chair or in the living room in his swing while we eat breakfast. Around 9ish he eats and then is ready for a nap sometime between then and 10. I have gotten him to take several naps in his crib which I am excited about because Parker didn't. I tried laying Beckham in his crib and he didn't care for, so I semi-swaddled him with a muslin blanket and he quickly fell asleep. So I realized that he needs his arms secured to nap in his crib...which is duh! That's how he sleeps at night! 

The middle of the day is still somewhat of a mixture with awake time and napping. He usually eats at noon and 3. I try to get him a nap between 3 and 5 but that time is still hit or miss. The last several days he has slept a chunk of time between 5 and 7 which is kind of nice because for a while he was really fuzzy at dinner time. Clearly he was tired and I didn't quite catch on ;)

If he's awake, he hangs out with us while we do Parker' bedtime routine...and while we read bedtime books. Then about 7:30 - 8 I feed him one last time and change his diaper and onesie and then swaddle him and lay him down. He sleeps until 1 or 2. I feed him again but it isn't usually for two long because he falls right back asleep until between 4 and 5. I am really hoping to get him to the 6am mark so I can just stay up afterwards and not feel so groggy when Parker wakes up between 6 and 7. We're getting closer!

Overall, Beckham is a super happy and laid back baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment