Beckham - One Month



Measurements: He was 7 lb. 6 oz. at birth and now he weighs 10lb. 3 oz! He was 20.5 in. at birth and now he is just over 22 in. long! He is growing so fast! He is wearing a mix of newborn and 0-3 month clothes, depending on the brand, but he won't be in newborn much longer. Most of his sleepers are too short although we don't put him in those hardly at all because he is a very warm baby! We keep our house pretty cool but he is still too warm to wear those to bed. So he wears a regular onesie and a swaddle to bed. During the day he wears mostly onesies since it is hotter than a sauna lately. 

Milestones: We started him out in his Rock & Play sleeper because it worked really well with Parker. I think the slight incline and curved bed helped him feel more secure to sleep. I'm going with that even if that isn't true because he has slept so well this first month! This week though we moved him to his Pack & Play to get him used to a flat surface so we can move him to his crib. The first 3 weeks he slept in a newborn pod  swaddle. It was really form fitting but stretchy and with a zipper. Then we didn't put him in anything other than his sleeper for the last week or two. I decided to go back to the swaddle now that he is on a flat surface so he doesn't startle himself awake. The first night in his pack & play he slept almost 5 hours and then another 3 hours, so I'd say it was a success. 

His neck is getting stronger but he still has a pretty wobbly head. Half the time I lay him on his tummy, he falls asleep! The carrier I bought has a flap to fold down when they have a strong neck; I fold it down often now and he holds his head up in that pretty well. 

Schedule: Each night I feed him at about 9 pm and then put him to bed. He sleeps between 4 and 5 hours that first stretch. I then feed him again and he sleeps another 2-3 hours, waking between 4 and 5 am. He usually is kind of fussy between 5 and 6 am with gas or something so I try to burp him some more or stretch his legs to get out some gas. Sometimes Clint will take him and walk around with him. The last week he has been less fussy at this time compared to the first three weeks. Sometimes he just likes to lay on my chest and who am I to say no? ;) 

He then wakes up again between 7 and 8 and I feed him again and then I usually put him in his swing in the living room or just hold him as he naps on and off for the next 2-3 hours. We do that for another round and he eats around lunch time. He has usually been more awake/alert in the afternoon right before his 1pm feeding. Luckily right now he still mostly naps after that feeding so I can put Parker down for his nap. Then both boys (ideally) nap til between 3 and 4. Then he is mostly awake for the late afternoon and evening when Clint is home. I feed him about 7pm which again is good for us to get Parker ready for bed. So far this schedule has been about the same since we brought him home. I am waiting for him to be more awake/alert so we can play more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment